Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Elektra Drawing

Elektra, starring Jennifer Garner is one movie I want to see.  I did this drawing on 24 January morning — started at around 2 AM I think, and finished it at 3:40 AM.

Now, the original drawing was done in my notebook, using a Cello Papersoft ballpoint pen.  I'd seen the advertisements for this pen earlier on TV, and it turned out to be a good pen indeed!  I bought the pen on 23rd night and decided to give it a "test drive", and this drawing was the result.

I spent about two hours now editing the scanned image in Adobe Photoshop.  I first removed the notebook lines, then slightly colourised different portions of the image, mainly to highlight Elektra's red costume.  You'll notice I also added a duplicate layer of the image to the left, and faded it, because that area was looking too empty.

As usual, the font used in the image was created by Nate Piekos of Blambot Fonts.

Enough rambling, here is the image:



You may consider this drawing an endorsement for Cello Papersoft pens.  Of course, their gel ink pens are especially good for drawing!

As for the movie itself, I think the CD is currently available in Manipal.  However, the movie has been getting some not-so-good reviews, and I read somewhere that Ms. Garner herself wasn't too happy with it.  Anyway, I still want to see it.

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is really very nice.....its a direct compliment and not a comment.

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was lucky to find a Cello Papersoft on the subway in Mnahattan. Since then I have been searching the web and New York stores to find out who carries them, but without luck. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jeff
PS: Great drawing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home