Friday, February 18, 2005

Don't Panic!!

The very first trailer (showing actual footage from the movie) for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy debuted on the Internet Movie Database and Amazon recently, and I watched it yesterday.  It is absolutely awesome and looks even better than I thought it would be!  There is a brief glimpse of the Vogon ships destroying Earth that looks absolutely stunning, not to mention the actors seem to perfectly suit the roles they are playing.  There are even some extra bits in the trailer that are not in the book!  Can't wait for the movie to be released (April 29, 2005).

I looked at the Sin City Official Site yesterday and it looks great as well.  I just love the black and white/colour combination as well as the comic book like look of the whole thing.

I also finally watched Elektra — rather, I finished watching it last night.  It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't a great one either.  Maybe I need to watch it again (I watched one CD of it some days back and the second CD last night) to appreciate it properly.

There is also another movie that I am eager to see now, and that is Constantine, starring Keanu Reeves.  I'd downloaded and seen the trailer a long time back, but I couldn't make sense of it at that time.  I later read about the comic book it is based on (Hellblazer) and got interested in the storyline, and some of the reviews I've read for the movie indicate that it is good (and a proper R-rated movie instead of a toned down PG-13 film).

STAR Movies is showing Infernal Affairs tomorrow night and Infernal Affairs 2 the day after.  It has been a very long time since I watched a movie on TV and I plan to watch both these.

I got the CDs of Gen-Y Cops and Macross Plus: Movie Edition today also.  I have seen the former movie already (and the CD is entirely in Chinese, with no English subtitles... in fact, whatever English dialogue is actually present in the movie is also dubbed over!!) and the latter one I have heard of, as it has Shinichiro Watanabe as one of the directors, and he did a couple of episodes of The Animatrix.  It would be the first well-known anime I'm seeing!

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Maybe I need to watch it again to appreciate it properly.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

You won't get the 100 minutes of your life back that you wasted on Elektra. Unless you personally achieve excellence by stuudying mediocrity, there is nothing to be gained watching it again. Some movies are just bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home