Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Interface and Update

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of CCG's Interface for quite a while now.  The wait came to an end today.  At 12:45 PM, we had the valedictory function that concluded BrandScan 2004 (the biggest and best BrandScan in TAPMI's history yet) — and at the end of this function, the CCG members released Interface.  We all got our copies in the evening.

As a souvenir for us to remember the two years spent at TAPMI, this year's Interface is, I must say, an extraordinary piece of work.  I say this because I know the kind of constraints CCG was working under (budgetary, time), and at the end of it all, this magazine is something I will treasure.

This year's souvenir included a poster with caricatures of all 131 seniors.  This is something that I was closely associated with — nine artists worked on the caricatures in total, and I did 32 caricatures apart from putting the whole poster together in Photoshop.  It was a huge amount of work, and my computer also strained under the load of opening and working with Photoshop files over 100 MB in size.  It was more than worth the effort though, as the poster has come out really well.

It's that time of the year when work starts on TAPMI Update, and returning editor Prof. R.C. Natarajan's office is the place where everything comes together.  The junior members of CCG and other volunteers are working on the magazine along with Prof. RCN.  As I mentioned before, I am a returning cover designer for the magazine, and today I completed the artwork for it, and also assembled the actual thing.  Unlike last year's cover, which had greyscale pencil artwork, this time Prof. RCN wanted it to be in colour, therefore I did the drawings for it in colour pencils this time.  I am quite happy with the concept I came up with and the artwork.  We made some 4 or 5 variations of the cover design, and which one is finally used will be decided by Prof. RCN and other faculty members.

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats really cool. When are you uploading the poster (downscaled perhaps)?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home