Thursday, April 07, 2005

Movies and Comics

Movies I've watched recently include:
  • Hellraiser: Hellseeker - watching it a second time, pretty good.
  • Modern Vampires - weird comedy/horror movie.  I did not like it.
  • The Usual Suspects - I have seen this many times before, one of the best movies I've ever seen.
  • The Grudge - this I watched last night, and it was very scary.  The movie's story isn't anything substantial.  It's basically about a house where something terrible happened, due to which some spirits are around, and they proceed to curse everyone who enters the house.  Starring Sarah Michelle Gellar and directed by Takashi Shimizu (who also made the Japanese original Ju-On: The Grudge).  The movie kept the scares coming, and was very creepy indeed.  Normally, I watch movies at night with all the lights off, and this time was no different.  But twenty minutes into the movie, and some dim lights went on.  Reminds me of the time I was watching The Evil Dead around seven years ago.

I finished pencilling and inking the first strip of my new comic Dark Tales 03: Steal.  I have to colour it and letter it and then I will put it up somewhere.

Speaking of comics I was also reading some of my old ones yesterday.  One that I would like to mention in particular is Star Trek #22 (DC Comics), from 1985.  The story is called "Wolf on the Prowl", written by Tony Isabella, with art by Tom Sutton and Ricardo Villagran, colouring by Michelle Wolfman and lettering by Agustin Mas.  The entity known as Redjac (known by many names throughout time and space, including Jack the Ripper on Earth) is causing murders on board the Enterprise, while Kirk and crew proceed to Enoch IV where they hope a final confrontation with the evil entity will take place.  An clever continuation of the storyline of Episode 36 ("Wolf in the Fold", 1967) of the original TV series.  Unfortunately though, the story in this book was continued in the next issue, which I don't have.

Over the last few days I finished reading all the Calvin and Hobbes strips that I have.  All were great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home