Friday, April 15, 2005

Some interesting links

I came across these links recently and thought of sharing them:

Detective Comics #27 (published in May 1939) contains the first ever Batman story.  Kit's Silver Age Comics has scans of this six page story, and a few other notable Batman stories, here.

Was browsing Jim Lee's blog today.  We got a cable internet connection at home so I downloaded four videos of a sketch done by Lee, of the character Jenny Sparks.  The DC Comics site has a page with the videos here, though I downloaded them from this page on The Anomaly.

It was awesome watching these videos, they show a true artist at work.  I have a few issues of Jim Lee's Batman: Hush, and a Superman story he drew, and I like his artwork a lot.

Also came across this very negative review for the upcoming The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie.  The link I have given is to the short spoiler-free review of the film, the site also has a longer review but I didn't read that as it contains spoilers.

The past few days I've been reading a lot of articles on Wikipedia on comics.  Came across a LOT of very interesting information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home