Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Oldboy and H2G2 Trailers

It's not often that you see a movie trailer that's truly powerful.  I happened to see one today and I must have watched it about fifteen times by now.  I am talking about the trailer of Oldboy, which is available from Joblo.com from this page.

Oldboy, directed by Chan-Wook Park is a Korean revenge drama that recently made waves at Cannes.  It is about a man who is imprisoned in a hotel room for fifteen years, and then let out.  He finds his wife and child murdered, and himself as the prime suspect, and has five days to find who did it to him and take his revenge.  Apparently, the guy behind the imprisonment also has bigger things in mind — the fifteen-year imprisonment is only the beginning of the torture planned for him.

Ever since I found out these plot details I have been very eager to see the film.  It is getting released in the US in March, so hopefully it will make its way here also.  Today, I downloaded and watched the trailer and I thought it was simply superb.

The trailer is powerful, emotional and beautifully put together.  It shows glimpses of what seems to be a stylish, ultraviolent and very dramatic film.  There is one particular shot in the trailer where you see a brick wall, with one brick missing — you see the imprisoned man's hand put outside through it to feel the rain outside.  Pretty amazing stuff, really, and I thought the music in the trailer was fantastic as well.  Like I mentioned I already watched it several times, and now I am downloading a larger resolution version to watch it even more times.

Oh I also downloaded the trailer of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the one I watched streamed earlier.  This was great as well.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger geniusoid said...

hey karthik!

I downloaded the movie - Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy - it isnt anywhere near the original book by Doug Adams. If u wanna have a whale of a time, read the book - the complete 4 series omnibus edition!

-sOid

 

Post a Comment

<< Home