Thursday, February 24, 2005

Sarah Michelle Gellar drawing

Recently, for Advertising Management class, Prof. Malavika Harita told us to get a set of colours to use in creating some advertisement ideas.  I bought a set of colour pencils because I wanted to try drawing with them.

I have practically never drawn with colour pencils before, so this was pretty interesting to try out.  I decided to draw a picture of Sarah Michelle Gellar that I had on my computer.  I did the drawing in my notebook as usual, though now I think it would have been better to do it on white paper, as the lines interfere with the drawing.

Anyway, this drawing came out quite well, though as with my earlier attempts at drawing Sarah Michelle Gellar, it doesn't exactly resemble her.  Don't know why this is.  The drawing also was a bit too wide, so after scanning I squished it a bit so that it looks better.  This is the final image:



I should also note that I had a tough time scanning this drawing — due to the pressure of the colour pencils, the paper wasn't even, so in the scan imperfections in brightness show up.  Those imperfections are still there in the final image, and so are the notebook lines that make their appearance.

Of course, I have also made a 1024x768 wallpaper out of this to use on my desktop.  One of the advantages of doing these drawings is that you can have a very customised desktop background!

3 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a bad drawing! I like a lot how you drew her hair: it is quite realistic. ;) On the contrary, I don't like the eyes, especially that on the right: it is a little too small or squashed. :P Anyway... it is good enough! :)

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good drawing..... but the symmetry is not so perfect. Please observer her arm and shoulder, dont you think it is smaller (in symmetry) when compared to her facer and all? Would ahve expected an Indian hair (black) as an Indian.......

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent drawing Kars.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home